Tuesday 23 February 2016

A Fond Farewell from Jelissa

Hello 13@rts friends,

how has everyone been? Today will be my last project for 13@rts after 2 wonderful terms with Aida and the best team in the world. It is after a lot of consideration that I have to say goodbye, as you all know we have a new addition to the family and it is getting more difficult to find time for myself and for creating. All the mothers out there will know - it is almost impossible to go to the toilet some times! Hopefully things will get easier as the kids grow up and I can start creating again.

For my last post, I am sharing a project of my little girl. She has the sweetest smile that makes us unable to get angry with her when she is naughty. Yes, at 5 months old she is already up to a lot of mischief just like her two brothers.



I started with a white cardstock and primed it with 13@rts clear gesso before working on my background. Lots of layering of mediums - I first created an array of stenciled doily with a paste of Pink metallic paint and Magic powder. I then sprayed water generously to get the pink from the paste to bleed out. When this is dry, I painted on more colors with Pink pearl mist and Raspberry matt paint. After all the colors have dried, I stenciled more words with modeling paste and painted on a final layer with Chalk Dirty Pink. Lastly, this was finished with stamping to create motion on the page.

More details in the close-ups:



Straws that I made with Olga's Starlight collection papers. I brushed one end into gel medium and dipped it into gold stripes to create confetti. The Wheelies and Buttons chipboard was painted with Coral and Apricot matt paints. I had also sprinkled some gold microspheres here and there.



Left-over from one of the store's flower packs which I had torn off the centre for another project. This is perfect for staging my butterfly cut out from Secret Letters and I had painted lightly with Pearl Pink mist. I also built my paper layers from Starlight collection.



More background goodies here.



My balancing cluster create with some flowers and a cut-out butterfly from Secret Letters.



Chipboard title from 13@rts that I had left unaltered.



Hidden sentiments in the background.

That's all I have for today. I will miss all of you, and the wonderful people on the 13@rts team. Hope to see everyone again!

13@rts products used:
love,

2 comments: